ALW x WCK: Chicken and Shrimp Shumai Dumplings
I’m a sucker for Dim sum! If you’re a lover of dumplings, check out this tasty recipe using the Beaba Babycook Pro!
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
2 ounces chicken breast, cubed
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 large lettuce leaves
1 egg white
6 wonton wrappers
1. Put the carrots mushrooms and scallions in the blending bowl and post to chop. Remove to small bowl.
2. Put chicken and shrimp in the blending born with a pinch of salt and pulse to purée. Remove and wash the bowl
3. Put the vegetable mix in the steamer basket. Pour water into the tank (level 1)
4. Start the cooking process.
5. When the vegetables are cooked, remove the steamer basket. Discard the cooking liquid.
6. Put the cooked vegetables and chicken mix in a mixing bowl add the grated ginger sesame oil soy sauce and cornstarch. Pulse to blend. Remove and wash the bowl.
7. Line the steamer basket with one lettuce leaf.
8. Lay each wonton wrapper on a cutting board and brush with egg white.
9. Place 1 tablespoon of filling on each wonton rapper; gather up the sides and pinch the top to close.
10. Gently place to take three dumplings in the steamer basket atop the lettuce leaf. Tried to keep them from touching.
11. Pour water into the tank (level 3)
12. Start the cooking process.
13. When the dumplings are cooked gently remove them from the basket with a fork.
14. Repeat the process for the remaining dumplings.
Serve with sweet soy dipping sauce!
Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons water
Pinch of fresh grated ginger
2 teaspoons minced scallions
Put all the ingredients in the blending bowl and blend to combine.